To learn how eVerifile can
help your business
eRailSafe is regarded as the industry standard for railroad safety and security. The purpose of the program is to improve the security of railroad employees, operations and facilities. As part of these efforts, designated railroad contractors, vendors and suppliers are required to comply with the program, which includes:
Personnel Workforce Screening
Contractor and vendor personnel are required to submit to background investigations, which includes the following security checks:
- Extended Nationwide Multi-County using 7- year address history
- NCDC (The National Criminal Database Check)
The information collected is audited by the subscribing railroads and the contractor to help determine an employee's eligibility to access relevant facilities. The screenings also ensure that contractors and their employees are in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
Compliance Awareness & Testing
Contractor/vendor personnel must complete required safety and security awareness tests. Users are also subjected to mandatory training and testing, which includes Rail Security Awareness Training and Contractor Orientation via the web. Both training modules are staples of the program and are administered by all participating rails, with specific training geared toward their individual operations.
Contractor/vendor personnel are required to wear eRailSafe ID Badges when on railroad property. Badges are issued upon successful completion of background investigation and compliance testing.
Benefits of the eRailSafe Program
- Comply with Federal Government safety standards and railroad compliance
- Create a uniform process for the railroad industry through training/testing, comprehensive background checks and the issuance of an ID credential to access property
- Centralize information for each participating railroad, improved process efficiency is experienced, particularly when it comes to managing both internal and external audits
- Cost-savings through improved process efficiency for railroads
- Contractors benefit through standardized pricing to access various railroad properties